Cornyn and Hutchinson: NO To Clean Energy
Posted by nytexan on June 25, 2007
Below are recent votes from the House and Senate. True to form Cornyn and Hutchinson hate the world. They are, their own special interest group. On a positive note my congressman, Lloyd Doggett never let’s me down with his vote.
Recent Senate Votes:
CLEAN Energy Act of 2007 – Vote Passed (65-27, 7 Not Voting)The Senate passed the first energy bill under the new Democratic majority.
- By 65 yeas to 27 nays (Vote No. 226), Senate passed H.R. 6, to reduce our Nation’s dependency on foreign oil by investing in clean, renewable, and alternative energy resources, promoting new emerging energy technologies, developing greater efficiency, and creating a Strategic Energy Efficiency and Renewables Reserve to invest in alternative energy.
Oh what a surprise…..Texas Senators hate the planet.
Apparently, Hutchinson and Cornyn are happy with the continued polluting of our planet. They must have gathered huge retirement plans from the lobbyist. I wonder how much stock these two crooks have in oil companies.
Recent House Votes:
State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations, FY 2008 The House passed this $34.2 billion bill that would fund State Department operations and foreign aid for the 2008 fiscal year.
Once again my Congressman makes the right vote. Doggett is doing a great job.
Employee Free Choice Act – H.R.800
- The Senate is scheduled to vote on this bill that would allow workers to form unions by signing petitions rather than by secret ballot early in the week.
Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act – S.1639
- The Senate is scheduled to take up this bill later in the week.
2008 Interior and Environment Appropriations – H.R.2643
- This $27.6 billion bill would fund the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Interior, the Forest Service and the Indian Health Service for the upcoming fiscal year.
2008 Financial Services Appropriations – H.R.2829
- This $21.4 billion bill would fund the Department of Treasury, the Executive office, the Judiciary and independent agencies for the upcoming fiscal year.
No money for Dick, he’s not part of the executive branch. Cheney is in charge of the “lone branch” of the government. We first need to amened the constitution and add the “lone branch”, so Dick can get his cash.